Overcoming and avoiding Mercury Toxicity
Amalgam (“silver”) fillings were in common use for many years, but they are no longer necessary.
Dr. Regni himself suffered from the harmful effects of having mercury fillings. Because of his own experience, he has been very active in educating others on the harmful effects that these fillings can cause.
Studies have shown that over time, these fillings can release mercury vapor, which is highly toxic.
In addition, if you currently have amalgam (“silver”) fillings in your mouth, you could be suffering from mercury toxicity.
Mercury toxicity is the reaction a person has when exposed to mercury. This reaction varies, depending on your genetic inheritance. It can be categorized into five divisions: neurological (effecting emotional and/or motor responses), cardiovascular, collagen diseases (arthritis, lupus, bursitis, etc.), immunological, and allergies.
Silver fillings have been shown to be a source of Mercury Toxicity
In 1979, reports began appearing in research literature documenting mercury vapor constantly being released from amalgam (“silver”) fillings, especially when the fillings were stimulated by chewing, brushing or exposure to heat. In 1984, human autopsy studies were published that demonstrated the amount of mercury found in the brain and kidney tissue was related directly to the number of mercury amalgam fillings in the teeth.
Today there’s a growing concern in the dental profession about the use of mercury in dental fillings. In the almost 160 years silver-mercury-amalgam fillings have been used, the theory has been that the mercury was bound up with other metals, protecting the body from its dangers. These new studies are showing the flaw of this thinking.
One way to avoid mercury toxicity is to have mercury- free fillings used in restorations, like we do in our office. If you already have mercury amalgam fillings, removal and replacement with non- mercury-containing material can reverse some of the effects of mercury contamination.
“After being diagnosed with severe mercury poisoning due to the breakdown of my fillings, I became more aware of the importance of a natural approach to health care. I sought out Dr. Regni. Now for well over 10 years he has been my dentist and has seen me through many issues. Dr. Gerry as my grandson refers to him, will with great care walk you through every detail of each procedure so that you have a complete understanding not just of what you need done, but why. He does so as your friend, not as a doctor talking to a patient. The warmth and hospitality I feel when I walk into their office assures me I’ve made the right choice.”