FOR THE WELL-BEING OF DOCTORS, STAFF, AND OUR PATIENTS, OUR OFFICE USES NO MERCURY-CONTAINING FILLING MATERIALS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
FACT: Mercury is a powerful poison. Published research has shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, and even arsenic. Furthermore, there is no known toxic threshold for mercury vapor and world renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered harmless. Mercury/silver fillings contain 48-55 % mercury.
FACT: Scientific research has demonstrated that mercury, even in small amounts, can damage the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, blood cells, enzymes and hormones, and suppress the body’s immune system. Mercury has been shown to pass the placental membrane in pregnant women and cause permanent damage to the brain of the developing baby.
FACT: Mercury is continually released from mercury dental fillings in the form of mercury vapor and abraded particles. This process is stimulated and can be increased as much as 15-fold by chewing, brushing, hot liquids, etc. The World Health Organization recently concluded that the daily intake of mercury from amalgam dental fillings exceeded the combined daily intake of mercury derived from air, water, and food (including fish).
FACT: The mercury vapor released from mercury dental fillings is absorbed very rapidly and thoroughly in your body primarily by inhalation and swallowing.
FACT: In human autopsy studies, it has been found that there is a direct correlation between the amount of mercury found in the brain and the number of surfaces of mercury fillings in the teeth.
FACT: Mercury causes normal intestinal microflora to become mercury resistant and antibiotic resistant. Mercury resistant bacteria cause mercury in the intestinal tract to be converted back into vapor and recycled back into the body. Antibiotic resistance is becoming a major medical concern.
FACT: Recent scientific research has shown high levels of mercury in the brains of individuals dead from Alzheimer’s disease. Other research is demonstrating mercury can cause similar pathological effects in the brain as that seen in Lou Gehrig’s disease and Alzheimer’s. Laboratory studies of spinal fluid from of patients with these diseases have confirmed that mercury inhibits key brain detoxification enzyme systems.
HOWEVER: The American Dental Association and various government agencies still support the use of amalgam dental fillings. They claim they are safe based on 150 years of use and that there is no scientific evidence showing mercury exposure from dental fillings causes any known diseases.
SHOULD YOU OR YOUR CHILDREN HAVE MERCURY FILLINGS PUT IN YOUR TEETH? That is a decision only you can make. You have the right to freedom of choice and informed consent. For more information, please ask us!